A minor fire took place at 537 Carbon Street in the city at 12:30 am Friday.
Four people were taken to the hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation. Everyone’s said to be okay.
The Home sustained minor damage on the outside. Smoke damage on the inside.
Butler Fire Department said firefighters were at 12:48 a.m. on Saturday morning to a structure fire at 535-537 Carbon Street.
When crews arrived, they discovered the building is a duplex and found the occupants of one side kicking in the door of their neighbor as the fire grew.
The neighbors that kicked in the door said everyone was out- yet a, but the 30-year-old man and his 2-year-old daughter who appeared outside after the door was kicked in reported that the man’s mother, 54, was still inside in her upstairs bedroom.
After extinguishing those flames, the crew was able to search the rooms and find the unresponsive woman in a bedroom. The woman did not appear to have any burns.
The unidentified woman, who did not appear to have burns, was taken to Butler Memorial Hospital by ambulance and then to West Penn Hospital in Pittsburgh by helicopter.
The man and his young daughter were also taken to Butler Memorial Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation, he was released this morning with the child.
Oddly enough, multiple neighbors messaged me saying it was a blessing that no one was has died, everyone expressed what great neighbors these people were, then expressed its a blessing that a woman named Crystal Minda now has to move- Minda lives on the other side of the building. Everyone states they are happy Minda must move because she was “destroying Carbon Street” with her constant drug use, and out of control children.