Uncategorized

Cigarette the cause of house fire in Winfield Township Christmas Day

Shirley Holben lost her home on Christmas day after her two-story house on Franklin Drive caught fire from an apparent cigarette.  Holben lived in the house for 51 years.

“I think I knocked an ashtray over,” Holben said.  She said her son called 911 and firefighters arrived within 10 minutes.

Firefighters could be seen inside Holben’s bedroom, which is in the back of the house, as smoke poured from the structure.

The amount of damage to the home is unknown at this point. It is unknown if the home was insured.

HOUSE-FIRE-generic-16x9-18413864-jpg

 

Advertisements

Categories: Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s