Butler Pennsylvania

Meth Lab Caused House Fire this past weekend

Official say the fire started before daybreak Saturday in the basement of a home on Germaine Road.

Four people were injured- including one man who suffered severe burns and was flown by medical helicopter to a Pittsburgh hospital. The other three were treated at Butler Memorial.

After an investigation at the scene on Saturday, Butler Township Fire Marshal Larry Christy believes the fire was accidental but was caused by illicit activities as reported by Butler Radio.

“We found items that are consistent with the manufacture of meth,” Christy said Monday. The items were turned over to the State Police Crime Lab and investigators are awaiting results.

Christy says who all lived at that house- and who was there when the fire started- is still getting pieced together.

“Living arrangements are still a mystery to  me,” he said.

The owner of the house may have been moving out. There was a partially-loaded trailer in the driveway.

Advertisements

1 reply »

  1. What a waste of tax dollars and effort. They should of all just burned up in the fire and that be the end of it. Maybe someone would leave their names at the Butler Drug Memorial.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s